AUGUST 2, 1978 TRIBUTE

Thank you "jdg227" for posting that. A very sad day for the FDNY Members and their families. I remember that day. Later I attended that funeral with some of the members of my own dept from Connecticut. It was the first LODD Funeral that I had attended. We lined up on the street near the church. I couldn't believe how quite it got there at times. As I remember there was a loudspeaker hooked up so we could hear the service.
  May they Rest in Peace. Sadly we are still loosing firefighters. Tomorrow (7/30) my brother and I will be attending another funeral, although this time in civilian clothes, for two Bridgeport, Ct Firefighters that also paid the supreme sacrafice.
  Fighting fires will never be a safe business. As long as firefighters must enter burning buildings to check for trapped occupants, it will never be safe. As somebody who is on the "Outside Looking In", I will ALWAYS be very greatful that we have firefighters willing to risk it all to help their fellow man. They certainly are "Americas Real Heroes".

This fire occurred 3 years before I went on the job. I responded as an EMT ... needless to say it was a very sad scene. It's reassuring to me to see the video, while the memories of that day make it difficult to watch it's good to know that there are people out there who understand and respect the sacrifice that these heroic Brothers made that August morning. And let's not forget the sacrifice their wives and children made, there were many kids left fatherless by this tragedy. 

Very nice tribute John.......a long time ago but sometime it seems like yesterday ....I was in RES*2 at the time & worked at the job.....probably one of my saddest days..........NEVER FORGET !

interesting song,anyone know what its called kinda sonds like a church chorus.