Boston FD the great blizzard of 78

First if all kudo to any fire/ems unit who responded in this weather, from NC/SC to NY to Ma to Me and anyone else in return.  A little Boston history, 1/14/79 5-4214 at Boston Nay Yard vacant building. 1/15/ 22 inches of snow many fires with double crews on duty. 1/15/ 5-1342. 1/30 5-7225, fire in a vacant tenement. NOBODY knew what was about to happen. 300 anniversary of BFD. 2-5-78 weather was going to be a problem. 2-14 we got nailed, no auto traffic allowed in Boston. Any call of fire was 3/2 smoke showing, nunerous calls, delayed intrafic, extra truck. Additional response was 2 engines over over the initial response for the same conditions. 2-16-78 unti 2-24-78 was a high response situation. I know I am not as good as a lot of responders on this site, vb capt, guirtaman nfd 2004, but I can post more accurate info on this incident. My future wife could not get to Chicago for 2/14 but the sharpcookies know how much she means to me

grumpy grizzly said:
I know I am not as good as a lot of responders on this site, vb capt, guirtaman nfd 2004, but I can post more accurate info on this incident. My future wife could not get to Chicago for 2/14 but the sharpcookies know how much she means to me

Grumpy, you told the story Great. I remember those 5th alarms in Boston during the Blizzard of '78. Our second channel in the firehouse was 33.74 mhz, same as Boston.  Cars abondoned all over the highway (I-95, 128 etc). Only necessary traffic allowed such as doctors, nurses, police etc. Boston and all of the city's in New England were all closed down. I worked a night tour at the firehouse and didn't get home for Three Days. When I finally did get to go home, the only way I made it was because "I lucked out", and followed a National Guard Snow Plow that was making the first sweep up my street.
  I'll try to post what I can find and remember on it.
  Yes Grumpy, that was one Blizzard that many of us who went through it, won't forget for awhile.
  And I agree Grumpy, those members of the Emergency Services who worked this Blizard of 2010, such as Police, Fire, Dispatchers, and EMS did a TREMENDOUS JOB. I followed some of the Action and couldn't believe it. And Thanks to all who kept us updated about the Blizzard of 2010.