Box clases

F

firekid52a

I keep hearing class 3 box what do the difrant clases mean
???

There are no classes!  "Class 3" is a throwback to when we dispatched over the bells.  The preliminary signal "3" meant a "special building box". and that was followed by the box number and a "terminal" number.  The terminal numbers could specify different alarm locations or initiation methods (valve,manual, etc.) within the same building.

So, for example, after signal 3-2610-1 went out on the bells, the radio disp. would announce something to the effect of "In Brooklyn, a class 3 for box 2610, terminal 1, the address....etc."

In the CADS era, Class-3 alarms are those we receive from a central station monitoring company such as Slomins, ADT, AFA, etc.

The "box" refers to the nearest street box. The terminal number can indicate a specific location within a building, a different type of alarm in a building (detector, manual pull station, valve, etc) or and entirely different building.

F

firekid52a

hey thanks guys and FD347  brklyn is not fire capatol lol its the bourough of tall stories and smaal buildings lol

Firekid, you must really be a kid. If you check your statistics, you will find that Brooklyn has more fire activity than other boroughs.

dillondotcom said:
Yeah only b/c they will call a 10-75 for anything.  Keep padding those numbers.

What are you talking about they call a 10-75 for everything? I'm pretty sure if theres no fire showing, they're not calling a 10-75, you too need to check your sources.

F

firekid52a

johnd248 said:
Firekid, you must really be a kid. If you check your statistics, you will find that Brooklyn has more fire activity than other boroughs.

dude im just joking ijust hear a lot of bronx manhatten firefighters and ya i am im only 14

maybe you should find a good Brooklyn company to buff and see what good fires are like