Brooklyn Pine Street Fire

Great video!  Thanks for posting.  What I find curious about this fire is that there seemed to be only two ladders . . . 1 tower ladder and 1 rear mount . . . set up and operating (I'm sure there were other ladder companies working inside & with the ground ladders).  In today's world, you'd probably have at least 3 tower ladders operating from the front for a fire like this, wouldn't you?  How many tower ladders were there in the fleet in 1978?

I responded on the 3rd or 4th alarm that morning and I remember operating a line in exposure 4 b or c. There were many lines operating on the top floor of the exposures except for the well involved buildings in the center and lines were probably taken there after the heavy fire was knocked down. They weren't particularly well built considering that they were new building construction.

Ray..... seen in the video... the TL was 107 who was 1st due.........the RM was 103 who was 2nd due the street was narrow ....once the Engines hooked up at either end of the fire row there really wasnt room left to pass......the job was mostly an interior attack with the TL used briefly .      I am not sure of the amount of TL s at the time.......a unit location chart from WNYF around that time would provide that answer........anybody have one handy.

The closest tower ladders to there after 107, off the top of my head,  would be 142, 124, 170, and 135.