CAMERAS EVERYWHERE !

Bulldog

Bulldog
I'm not sure where you're coming from with your "protect yourself" statement.  It seems like in this case and many others the cameras proved to be beneficial.  Seems like the only people that wouldn't want them would be the people doing something wrong!

Bulldog if you are  " not sure" then i will reiterate.....protect yourself whenever you leave your own home....cameras may be anywhere .

mack

Administrator
Surveillance cameras and smart phones are everywhere.  You have to assume that everything you do can be recorded.  If you do everything right, it would seem to be beneficial.  But, like in football replay reviews, you can be second-guessed? 

Can you be criticized for the speed you do something, too fast or too slow, especially EMS work?  Can an attorney pull a small fragment of a hostile situation out-of-sequence and make you look at fault for restraining a difficult civilian you are trying to help?  Can something you say, which is not what you meant to say, or taken out of context, be recorded and intrepreted negatively against you? Answers are yes.

You can protect yourself at work by being well trained, follow procedures, don't take short cuts, work as a team and - maybe have personal insurance. 

Even off duty, I can understand the chief's warning.  You can get tickets for speeding on empty highways which have cameras and speed detectors installed.  You can be towed from a busy airport parking lot which uses cameras to pick up over-24 hour parking violations.  Anyone can be taking our picture or recoring our actions - anywhere, any time.  If you are a little league coach these days, be careful of everything you say and do.  If you have ice or snow on your home's walkway, remove it or someone may record it and blame you for a fall. 

You have to be careful.

That is so very True what "68jk09" and "mack" have posted. I guess to put it in another way, its called; "The Eye in the Sky".

johnd248 said:
Need a wide angle lens to catch Willy D.  LOL

Be careful what you say my friend Johnny "D"(couple of ole farts from our Volly days together). On our next trip to Dunks (Dunkin Donuts) I won't buy you your favorite large box of Chocolate Munchkins.

Things like this appear in the news almost daily. When are folks going to wake up and realize that we are all potentially 'under surveillance'. High profile public sector employees need to realize that their failure to be doing the right thing is likely going to be recorded and reported. The end result can cost them anything from a couple of vacation days all the way to termination. Is it worth it?

http://www.local10.com/news/EXCLUSIVE-Mattress-cop-relieved-of-duty/-/1717324/9221954/-/r9g7w5/-/index.html