Captains no longer responding

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
The EMS Captain which you head as DC0X or Division X Captain , etc have been removed from the response matrix.

Apparently there was a lawsuit or something with the captains say that there function in respond to jobs was duplicate of the Deputy chief.  Captains are no in charge of the Station and don't respond to jobs.

I am sure there might be exceptions but they are no longer out in the field or on the response matrix.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Since the order that changed the response of the EMS Captains, another EMS order was issued  - ADDITIONAL SPARE OFFICER DESIGNATIONS - which created the following: Manhattan - Battalion 61  Conditions 61
                                                                    Bronx      -              62                  62
                                                                    Brooklyn  -              63                  63
                                                                    Queens    -              64                  64
                                                                    S.I. / BK-W -            65                  65
Condition Cars for all three tours. The order stated that these spare officer designations for use as part of the Ambulance Deployment Matrix.

I have heard these units on the radio already more then one time.

So basically they are sending out Captains on the road (as they did previously) who will do the work of a D.C. regardless of what the arbitrator ruled. Is that the way it is?