Chief MDT HT

I saw an aide with a normal HT but on the holder case it said MDT. and the radio had a screen.  does it show the units and CIDS and everything that is on the normal MDT on the screen?

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know why it would say MDT on it.  But the raido with Displays are used to see which radio is talking / giving a Mayday.

He had 3 radios, all with screens.  A normal HT for the fireground, a yellow one (which i asume is to go to the boro), and the one that said MDT and it had an 800Mhz antenna.  It wasn't a big fire so there would be no need to use the special 800Mhz channels.

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
If he had three radios.
Just like you said. The 1st is the normal fireground radio.
2nd Radio (Yellow) is the FAST Truck radio, he will give this to the fast truck when they show up so that they can monitor the ID's of the radios talking and in the event of a mayday.
3rd Radio with the larger antenna which looks like an 800mhz is the Boro Radio for talking to the Dispatcher. 

Any Chance the radio didn't say MDT but something that might spell out to Manhattan.
Like MHT? I know we put Boro on the ones in our battalion.

Ya, it might have been something else.  I have another question about it.  there was a laminated card that was attached to either the boro radio or the yellow radio (See attached).  What does it say/whats it for.

Attachments

• B-Aide Radios.JPG
    B-Aide Radios.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 278
B

Bkfire

TN46 said:
Ya, it might have been something else.  I have another question about it.  there was a laminated card that was attached to either the boro radio or the yellow radio (See attached).  What does it say/whats it for.

That card is for interpreting the ID's that come across the radio along with the current spare radio assignments in the battalion. When a radio goes out of service, that radio is replaced with a spare which must be logged with the battalion. This way, if a spare radio transmits a MAYDAY, the FAST Truck member will know which position has transmitted a MAYDAY as it will not be a typical ID that shows up.