Credit for runs

HYPOTHETICAL E-1/L24 are on a routine/non fire call. Dispatch calls and ask if either unit is available, reply is no. Dispatch sends L-12 for a run, while enroute L-24 says they are available. Dispatch cancels L-12 and gives the run to L-24. Do both companies get credit for the run?

In the example.....yes both Trucks would get credit for a RUN ...however only the one who arrived & operated would get credit for a WORKER also.

This is why I love this site. If you have a question about FDNY (which translates to other FD's) you will get an answer. There are some of the sharpest minds on fire ops/buffs/sparks/history here. I am happy that this site accepts my posts. DO NOT LOSE YOUR PERSPECTIVE ON FIRE DEPARTMENT HISTORY, WHEN WE ARE GONE WHO WILL TAKE AFTER US. We need to cultivate the young blood, after all someone took us under their wing, pointed us in the right direction and encouraged us. These guys have the best technology available to them, beats running a 35MM reying to get Fstop/shutter speed. Anyone who had pixs published during the 70/80's was a great photographer. I have had 20 pixs in HotShots at Firehouse (Munzing), you just get lucky. I have pixs from seconds at Boston and Chicago, as well as fifths in both cities. Get the young blood out.