Disbanded Companies from 2003

On May 25, 2003 the city disbanded 6 engine companies Engines 204, 209, 212, and 278 from Brooklyn. Engine 261 from Queens and Engine 36 in Manhattan. Is there any chance at all of these Engine Companies being reorganized?

Especially Engine 204 with all the development that is taking place in there area.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

With the city's recent financial crunch I seriously doubt the bigwigs are even gonna consider (re)opening any new companies...case in point they'd rather cut down on response time by putting more unnecessary pressure on the dispatchers and the 1st due companies rather than open new houses.

I dought it but i wish they would cause the more they have opening by the next FDNY test the more chance i have of getting in

RPM3311 said:
tl-ff said:
2 of the closed houses have been sold already.

An old firehouse would make for a pretty cool house to live in
Many are, some good examples are E203's old firehouse on Hicks St., E256 on Delalb Ave. in Brooklyn and E154's old Hannah St. house on Staten Island. A few years ago rapper/actress Queen Latifah bought a 2 bay firehouse which once housed a ladder and a water tower in Jersey City and converted it into a cool looking mansion. It's on a high part of the city with  a breathtaking view of the NYC skyline. ;)

I'd buy one, you get a garage which is good due to the fact that parking is not easy in the city, plus I always wanted a fire pole in my house. Now all I need to do is start finding myself some money.

I would buy an old firehouse in a second if i could afford it.  That would be the coolest building to convert into a regular house.  I can only dream!

This would be a nice house... not sure of what units opperated out of it.

http://stevespak.com/spak/31eng.jpg

Photo courtesy of Steve Spak... (SteveSpak.com)

Also if Engine 33/ Ladder 9's house was ever for sale on Great Jones Street I'm sure you'd get many people wanting to buy that.

RPM3311 said:
This would be a nice house... not sure of what units opperated out of it.

http://stevespak.com/spak/31eng.jpg

Photo courtesy of Steve Spak... (SteveSpak.com)
That's Engine 31's one of a kind firehouse at 87 Lafayette St.