Emergency

It's on every night at 9 EST on the "RetroTV" channel here in eastern Pa. along with Kojack, Airwolf, Adam-12 and so on. I wish there were some type of "Nurse McCall" tee shirt that I could get for my wife. She has been an ER nurse for over 30 years and laughs when she sees "Dixie" flitting about the ER.

mack

Administrator
Dr. Varner: [On radio, to Gage] Give him 10 milligrams MSIV [morphine sulfate IV] .
Firefighter: Uh, Rampart, confirm that last medication? Ten milligrams, MSIV.?
Dr. Varner: That's correct. [to Nurse McCall] What's the matter with those firemen?
Nurse Dixie McCall: Doctor, the patient has a head injury. [to Gage] 51, stand by on that last instruction.
Firefighter: 10-4.
Dr. Varner: Right you are. [to Gage] Cancel the MS for now. Let me know if the pain becomes severe.
Firefighter: 10-4. Cancel MS.
Dr. Varner: Thank you, Nurse. That's two I owe you.
Nurse Dixie McCall: I'll send you a bill

Back in the days of rabbit ears and the tv went to channel 13, a lot of us got the same programing. The theme song for this tv show got me as psyched as "Rat Patrol" had when I was like 5. Anyways, funny story. I'm in an upper West Side bar with a buddy, this is back in the '90's. Great band, I run into this gorgeous girl I knew from high school; drooling on her until she introduces her "boyfriend" (man I hated when that happened)...so I got a few beers in me, and step in to the mens room (don't worry I won't go into details) so I step up to a urinal, and low and behold Randolph Mantooth comes in and steps up to two urinals down. As I remember it, he was doing soap operas at the time, probably over at Astoria Studios. Now "cool" New Yorkers are supposed to yawn when they see a celebrity, I knew that, but I couldn't resist, I had to say something to one of my two heroes from Squad 51! So I go "Randolph Mantooth, you were my childhood hero Brother." He looks over, perplexed, then walks out without ever uttering a word...or washing his hands! lol

Thanks for those two clips, the last scene almost......almost got me. Station 10 looked like a fire museum with the camera sneaking around the apparatus floor, then up to the bunk room where the Brothers lay nestled silently in their bunks....until those famous tones...and the automatic lights.....FACTORY FIRE! GREAT. thanks Mack :)

Mack:

Great video!  Thanks for posting it.  When the camera started to pan around the rear parking lot, I've gotta admit that I half expected to see the old Dennis pumping engine that Johnny & Roy had sitting out there.

Station 10 in the pilot was actually Station 8 in West Hollywood. The actual Station 10 is a few miles away from Station 127 where they filmed the show. It's Engine 10, Foam 10, and Battalion 7. Station 8 still quarters 2 engines, a truck, and a squad. Like the video shows, not much has changed at 127's from the 70's. Although I did kinda get a little teary eyed the first time I went there in 01, and the truck as no longer a snorkel. Station 51 exists in Universal Studios Hollywood. It's an engine, brush truck, squad, and the captain has a golf cart.

PS the apparatus doors were replaced about 4 years ago. I do have pictures from my visit in 01 and they are the exact same doors you see in the show.