EMS Chain of Command

Could some one please explain to me the FDNY EMS Chain of Command, roles they play and how it works please.
Whom is in charge at the station or what gose on at the station if the ambulances are located at the cross street location or are the stations more like a Depot ....?

uniform....?

captain and lieutenant = white helmet signifying a Chief ....? whats with that when the FD Capt and Lt wear the same as crew or is it Capt = Divisoin Chief and Lt = Battalion Chief.

sorry if ive wasted your time but i was reading JSG FDNY operational reference and the " massive " section on EMS has left me puzzeld.

thank you for your time

Muzz -/- Australia

Captain is in charge of a station. They have Lieutenants as Conditions supervisors, or running the desk(administrative) at the station.
The stations are like depots.
They wear white helmets and different gear to set them apart from firfighters/fire officers.
Lieutenants and Captains wear light blue shirts.
You also have a Duty Captain out on the street in each borough.
I hope that helps.

As previously stated by 150 an EMS Captain is in charge of the overall operation of a station as is the Captain of a fire company. If the station is a "Battalion Based" station, the Lt. working the tour is both the administrative officer as well as the Conditions Car. In this scenario, he/she is not only responsible for the station operation but for what assignments and duties that must be performed in the field. It's basically you have to be in two places at once but we won't dwell on that now. If there are two Lts. working the tour one goes out and the other is "on the desk" sort of like a desk officer in a Police station. Hope that also helps.