EMS GATORS

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/31/nyregion/fire-department-medical-emergencies-times-square-nyc.html?ref=todayspaper

Fire Department Finds a Way Around Times Square Traffic for Medical Emergencies 

Hate to raise the dead, but the topic QUESTIONS which I originally intended to post in has been locked. But, regarding the EMS Gator radio designations I did some digging today and found I was slightly incorrect in the other topic. hence to set the record straight. They usually have their first number be 7 and their second number is designated by FD Operations and lastly the letter is as I said usually P or Q. So, in example Coney Island has 79P and 79Q. Now, Times Square is unique as it has its own designation of 8, so a Gator there would be 81P. To, wrap it up there are also 6 designations used for extra or enhancement units (ambulances, not Gators) i.e. at Station 4, when 04H doesn't have HazTacs they go in service as 61G. There is also 81G, which is a ambulance assigned to Station 16.  Again, my apologies, but thought it would be enjoyed by some.