FAST Pack

What exactly are in a FAST Pack? also do all the engine companies have hotel hose packs? I'm from Northern Nevada and we only have one city with high rises(Reno) so not a lot of high rise action I'm afraid, but I think FDNY is the best department in he world we all need to take lessons from them. Id give anything to spend time with a ladder company or a rescue co from there! Thanks for everything ;D

NVEMTIFFII said:
What exactly are in a FAST Pack? also do all the engine companies have hotel hose packs? I'm from Northern Nevada and we only have one city with high rises(Reno) so not a lot of high rise action I'm afraid, but I think FDNY is the best department in he world we all need to take lessons from them. Id give anything to spend time with a ladder company or a rescue co from there! Thanks for everything ;D

The FAST PAK is just a cylinder setup that has multiple ways to connect into the system. It has a regular face piece and regulator with roughly 20' of hose, then there is an additional air hose that connects to the connector on the mask to fill the empty cylinder using the air in the FAST PAK cylinder. Doing it this way only equalizes the air between the 2 cylinders. There is also a female connector that Rescue and Squad can hook into using the air cart.

All engine companies carry roll-ups or what other departments call high rise packs. The minimum amount carried is 3 roll-ups and they are stored on the chauffeur side of the rig on the rear fender. A 4th roll-up is usually carried in the transverse compartment and is used/carried when needed. The control man also carries a bag with fittings, pressure gauge, wrenches and spanners to connect the line to the standpipe.

Great info. How many would be assigned the FAST crew from a ladder? We use a RIT here, and it generally is the 1st in medical unit, and they are issued a 60min SBA, radio, and irons. Thanks