FDNY Auto Shop Fire

I remember this job, it was on Jerome Ave, under the El, 75/33 1st due, Rescue-3 on the roof - BC Calderone.

Great video. Thanks Andy for posting that. Was that near the Cross Bronx/Featherbed Lane area ? If so, they had a very similiar 4th alarm a few years ago on a Fourth of July night, maybe the same building.

On Jerome Just South of XBXEX by Goble Pl.,nice job by tl-44 inside the roll up door (about 124 sec.into video)

mikeindabronx said:
On Jerome Just South of XBXEX by Goble Pl.,nice job by tl-44 inside the roll up door (about 124 sec.into video)

Thanks Mike, the one I caught was "NORTH" of the Cross Bronx. That is Great seeing that bucket of TL44 going inside the doorway. We've seen that done before.

nfd2004 said:
mikeindabronx said:

Thanks Mike, the one I caught was "NORTH" of the Cross Bronx. That is Great seeing that bucket of TL44 going inside the doorway. We've seen that done before.

The F.D.N.Y. long ago proved that tower ladders are extremely versatile. From viewing lot's of fire videos from around the country, it's apparent that many departments mainly use their 'elevated platforms' fully extended, showering water down on the building from 75' to 100' in the air (regardless of the height of the fire building). Often you'll see water being poured onto an intact roof while the fire is roaring in the top floor, cockloft or attic. It would be wise for departments that own tower ladders to take the time to learn from F.D.N.Y. as they really have mastered its use.

The F.D.N.Y. long ago proved that tower ladders are extremely versatile. From viewing lot's of fire videos from around the country, it's apparent that many departments mainly use their 'elevated platforms' fully extended, showering water down on the building from 75' to 100' in the air (regardless of the height of the fire building). Often you'll see water being poured onto an intact roof while the fire is roaring in the top floor, cockloft or attic. It would be wise for departments that own tower ladders to take the time to learn from F.D.N.Y. as they really have mastered its use.
[/quote]

That statement is so True. I recently saw a fire in the NYC area where this happened as described. As thousands of gallons of water was poured on the roof of the fire building from a Tower Ladder Bucket, the fire was clearly visible moving along the cockloft.