FDNY e-one

can anyone tell me what was the story with this engine?
FDNYE008-A.jpg

I think they gave E-One a try out. I assume they didn't do well.

According to the July-August 1996 issue of Fire Apparatus Journal (Volume 13, Number 4), in the F.D.N.Y. Updates column by Jack Lerch, this pumper was loaned to the F.D.N.Y. by E-One for evaluation.  It is a 1995 E-One Hush (EP9601) equipped with a Hale two-stage 1000gpm pump, 500 gallon booster tank, a Mack E-7 electronic diesel engine, and an Allison HD World transmission.  It was assigned for short periods of time to E275, E8, E64, and E290 before being returned to E-One.

There was that ALF that ran at 34 for a bit before going to Governors Island...speaking of which, what happened to those rigs after they closed the house? I remember reading that they had trouble moving that "super truck" off the island...

I remember seeing a photo somewhere of a Maxim demo from back in the day..

NYBravest82 said:
There was that ALF that ran at 34 for a bit before going to Governors Island...speaking of which, what happened to those rigs after they closed the house? I remember reading that they had trouble moving that "super truck" off the island...

I remember seeing a photo somewhere of a Maxim demo from back in the day..

super truck was sold

The E-One Hush pumper mentioned above was so named Hush because the motor was below the hose bed .....the front cab & crew area was all open with a flat floor........one of the drawbacks was that when certain motor work was being performed all the hose in the bed had to be removed.......not as simple as opening the motor cover.

Does anyone know where that pumper is now? What did happen to all the Governors Island apparatus?