FDNY EMS Priority Levels

FDNY Response Videos

FDNY Response Videos
Here’s a question for the knowledgeable EMS-oriented members of this site - one that I couldn’t find anything about.

What are the FDNY EMS Priority Levels (I think they go at least 1-7). Which call types warrant each priority, how many units get assigned to them, and how do units respond to them (i.e. Lights and Sirens or not)?

During peak hours EMS dispatch is filled with units being assigned “highers” so it would be interesting to know which jobs take precedence over others.

• 1-3 are the "higher" segments which can preempt you off a lower segment
  • It goes to segment 9, but those are like out of service mechanical and not operational assignments
  • Lights and sirens are used on segments 6 and higher (also this list looks out of date especially some of the segment 7 I believe are now higher)
1000003771.jpg

• It goes to segment 9, but those are like out of service mechanical and not operational assignments
  • Lights and sirens are used on segments 6 and higher (also this list looks out of date especially some of the segment 7 I believe are now higher)
View attachment 44240
Does the Resc mean a Rescue Medic responds along with ALS or do they respond instead of the ALS?

Not entirely sure if this counts, especially since Lebby already posted the EMS Response. But I did find a PDF on how the Hospitals classify MCI's based on Priority Levels.

• Level A: Minimal to Moderate (Motor Vehicle Accidents and Residential Fires with minimal potentinal paitents)
  • Level B: Significant (Bus Accident, Small Residential Building Explosion/Collaspe)
  • Level C: Major (Mass Shootings, Medium to Large Building Collaspe)
  • Level D: Catastrophic (World Trade Center attack, intentional release of poison gas in subway system.) [Yes "world trade center attack" is an example for Level D according to GNYHA.]

Not entirely sure if this counts, especially since Lebby already posted the EMS Response. But I did find a PDF on how the Hospitals classify MCI's based on Priority Levels.

• Level A: Minimal to Moderate (Motor Vehicle Accidents and Residential Fires with minimal potentinal paitents)
  • Level B: Significant (Bus Accident, Small Residential Building Explosion/Collaspe)
  • Level C: Major (Mass Shootings, Medium to Large Building Collaspe)
  • Level D: Catastrophic (World Trade Center attack, intentional release of poison gas in subway system.) [Yes "world trade center attack" is an example for Level D according to GNYHA.]
That's for declared MCIs, which has a different chart

FDNY Response Videos

FDNY Response Videos
View attachment 44240
Exactly what I was looking for - many thanks!

If you have the MCI assignments / levels, that would be interesting to learn too!
They're in the PDF Darrell posted, but they're for the individual hospital capacity. The sort of stuff a transport supervisor has to take in account at a large job regarding patient distribution.