FDNY Fire house staff assignmet

Next Question :- is the Battalion Commander, an administration position as to a Battalion Chief who responds ?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand

If a firehouse is assigned an engine and a ladder co.

Whom is in command of the house..........

3 x Platoons ? 
=
Engine
p1:- 1 x Capt + FF's or is it 1 x Lt + FF's ( making the Ladder Captain head of the firehouse)
P2:- 1 x Lt + FF's
P3:- 1 x Lt + FF's
and
Ladder
p1:- 1 x Capt + FF's or is it 1 x Lt + FF's ( making the Engine Captain head of the firehouse) ?
P2:- 1 x Lt + FF's
P3:- 1 x Lt + FF's

aaaaaargh confused
Please point me in the right direction.
Thanks once again for your help previous.

Each company has a captain and three lieutenants.  In a house with engine and truck, if the captain of one is working, he is in charge.  If two lieutenants are working, they share.

Battalion commanders respond just the same as the other BCs in the battalion.

In double houses, the Engine Captain is who runs the show and sets policy.  Each officer is responsible for his own company.

The BC is the man who runs the show in the battalion, sets policy and his will...he is the senior chief officer and is much like a military Battalion Commader.  When he is working, he still responds and operates as a battalion.

Its not set up like platoons as you may think.  Its a 25 group rotating chart.  Members work when thier groups are in.  5 FF and 1 officer in Trucks and 4-5 FF and 1 officer in the Engine for both day and night tours.  Like today, groups 15-20 are in, Officers share group numbers with the men.  The Captain assigns group numbers based on openings and needs based on chauffer groups and a few other things.

How would it work in Far Rockaway with 264, 328 (2 Engines) and the truck ? ???

vbcapt said:
How would it work in Far Rockaway with 264, 328 (2 Engines) and the truck ? ???

I'm going to take a guess and say the senior captain calls the shots.

I would say it will work the same way it did back in the war years, Captain of the primary unit as was done with E82, E85 & L31 I believe 82 was the house boss.  Other cases will probably be either senior man or possibly senior date for appointment to captain.

Brilliant....!  ;D Just what i needed i was under the impression there were three platoons and was trying to work out why there was 1 x Capt and 3 x Lts and ifso how they fitted into the three platoons....?

but my questions have been more than answered thank you all once again for your help
cheers
Muzz