FDNY Going Green

Accordingto the above Twitter link FDNY is putting solarpanelsonthe ambulances.I wonder what they are planning for the fireapparatus ?

I’m curious as to what these solar panels are powering? Is the thought with EMS being on the street solar power into and inverter so the truck doesn’t have to idle?

Maybe I'm missing something. Doesn't the engine have to run to supply heat and A/C? Are they planning on adding those devices to be supplied by "electric."? How about finding an alternative method to abolish EMS units sitting on street corners like homeless indigents who have to rely on the generosity of nearby shops or other businesses for restroom facilities and the age-old tradition of "dashboard dining" ?

Maybe I'm missing something. Doesn't the engine have to run to supply heat and A/C? Are they planning on adding those devices to be supplied by "electric."? How about finding an alternative method to abolish EMS units sitting on street corners like homeless indigents who have to rely on the generosity of nearby shops or other businesses for restroom facilities and the age-old tradition of "dashboard dining" ?
After a few minutes in park (if the lights aren't on) the bus will turn off and go into "stealth mode", running AC, heat, radio, etc off the batteries.