FDNY Ops Reference Guide

Grumpy , that is just what I ask every few years. I have been getting the Operational Reference Guide since the mid 1990s just before the New York City EMS service was transferred to the FDNY and by far that is the best book out there on the Operations of the FDNY but of any fire department that I have seen. I am also from Illinois and I only wish that the CFD had something like it.

The CFD has been a very informationally closed organization and of the last several years it is almost impossible to even get the run statistics on Chicago companies. There are a few Chicago Facebook groups the once in a while some one who has some CFD connections will post the basic run stats, The basic run stats are just the run numbers without including the other information such as Fires, Special Duties and the hours worked as well. Unlike New York which posts the runs versus the workers.
I also study and look into several other fire departments just about all of them posts more information than the Chicago Fire Deoartment does. So far I haven't found anything about any future editions of the FDNY manual but hopefully if and when it comes out I plan to be getting it. One of the Great Things about the New York Manual is that it even gives the EMS bureau information such as locations and even more. Good Luck and this is just about the best website to go looking for the Manual.

Grumpy , that is just what I ask every few years. I have been getting the Operational Reference Guide since the mid 1990s just before the New York City EMS service was transferred to the FDNY and by far that is the best book out there on the Operations of the FDNY but of any fire department that I have seen. I am also from Illinois and I only wish that the CFD had something like it.

The CFD has been a very informationally closed organization and of the last several years it is almost impossible to even get the run statistics on Chicago companies. There are a few Chicago Facebook groups the once in a while some one who has some CFD connections will post the basic run stats, The basic run stats are just the run numbers without including the other information such as Fires, Special Duties and the hours worked as well. Unlike New York which posts the runs versus the workers.
I also study and look into several other fire departments just about all of them posts more information than the Chicago Fire Deoartment does. So far I haven't found anything about any future editions of the FDNY manual but hopefully if and when it comes out I plan to be getting it. One of the Great Things about the New York Manual is that it even gives the EMS bureau information such as locations and even more. Good Luck and this is just about the best website to go looking for the Manual.
If you look underneath my posts you see I am now in Normal Illinois, about 150 miles S of Chicago. You are right about CFD being closed informationally but this year someone posted the runs which I posted on this site, including top 10 and the slowest. At one time they did post runs and mileage and times but I guess not anymore. Recommend you go to Old School CFD on facebook, lots pf history there as well as my pixs from the 70's and 80's.

If you look underneath my posts you see I am now in Normal Illinois, about 150 miles S of Chicago. You are right about CFD being closed informationally but this year someone posted the runs which I posted on this site, including top 10 and the slowest. At one time they did post runs and mileage and times but I guess not anymore. Recommend you go to Old School CFD on facebook, lots pf history there as well as my pixs from the 70's and 80's.
Thats the Facebook page that I'm talking about. Just a few months ago someone posted the runs statistics on the site.