FDNY & Pierce?

J

JuniorBuff88

Ok I have to admit I live in Yonkers and I love ALF but i am not a fan of Pierce but I like the new FDNY R1. But my main question is are they going to get Pierce engines and ladders also?

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Pierce did not bid on the last order of FDNY Engines.  They did not want anything to do with it, at this time.
I am not sure if they bid on any ladders but as of now Seagrave still has all the contracts for Engines and Ladders..

J

JuniorBuff88

well I know for sure Pierce has the bid for the rescues

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Pierce had no problem dealing with the Rescues, there are only 5 of them.

Engines and Ladders are another story they get beat up alot more and Pierce has been staying away.

Just a question, do you think that Pierce did not bid on the engine contract due to the number of units being ordered?

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
I am sure the number had something to do with it.  They would have to increase staff and possibly effect other departments that the deal with.

JuniorBuff88 said:
firekid52a said:
JuniorBuff88 said:
Ok I have to admit I live in Yonkers and I love ALF but i am not a fan of Pierce but I like the new FDNY R1. But my main question is are they going to get Pierce engines and ladders also?

NO FDNY just wanted a smaller rig for the streets well thats wat a R1 firefighter told me

Hey KID u would not know..The streets aint a fact here and this post is old

they got the pierce for a few reasons, they're old rig just like the other 4 rescues was falling apart, and pierce has a suspension system called Tak-4 suspension which will help this rig not fall apart, Rescue 1 is also the busiest Rescue in the city (i dont mean they get the most jobs out of all 5 rescues but they are on the streets more than the other 4 rescues) so they know that if this rig works for Rescue 1 it will work for all of them, Rescue 1 got the first HME/ Saulsbury rig and they alos got the first E-One rig,  so I predict that in a year or so all 5 rescues will be Pierce Arrows

For some reason i heard a rumor that Seagrave will get the other for Rescue because its in the shops alot.