Haz Mat

Two questions does hazmat one carry tool for firefighting?
And I have been seeing this hazmat truck that is a emergency crew body what do they do ?

BCR

I'm pretty sure they have only the basics, irons, sledge, axe, rabbit tool ,couple hooks and probaly a couple types of extinguishers. They also have an extracation setup with a hurst tool spreaders, cutters, rams and maybe a combi tool?? As well as a torch set up. Although I'm not sure if they ever really get used. However if they roll up on a pin they could deffinatly handle it. As im sure you know they have multipul meters for just about everything as well as a couple thermal imaging camaras. Being the only company dedicated to hazmat in the city, there primary mission is hazmat midigation ,containment, decon and mettering at jobs so that is what they carry. Handling what they do requires a lot of Equiptment. As we have seen over the years with new and greater threats than years past hazmat 1 has been getting larger and larger. There main piece is about as big as it can be and still get around in NYC and there new second piece is much larger than the last between all the high tech gear, suites, over pack drums, etc there really isn't room left for any firefighting gear.

I think you may be referring to one of the f-450 hazmat support units operated by special operations command, they carry suplimental gear for hazmat 1, squad and hazmat tech engines as well as the decon units. They maybe carring extra class a and b suits, tents, tarps and extra decon soaps but don't quote me on it.

they were using the F450 as the 2nd piece while the Kenworth was getting fixed...

also they are a Cold/ Ice Water rescue company....