How To Get Approval

E

eng1aux415

Does anyone know how to get approval from the fdny to ride the apparatus or start composting a movie about the FDNY? I have a couple firefighters that are willing to try to ask headquarters but we don't know how to ask?

Its a tough call, the main problem is liability. You would have to get permission from the Commissioner or Chief of Department. Im not trying to put it down but its gonna be real hard to ''officially'' ride. I would ask chiefs who knows chiefs and so fourth and see where that takes you. And you'll probally need a filming permit or something of that nature. The last ride along documentary that I can recall was from the french bothers and one of them was filming on 9/11 inside the towers which is very dangerous and probally is the reason the FDNY doesnt want ride alongs anymore because of the danger/liability standpoint. But there are departments out there that offer ride alongs and probally wont mind you filming them. Good luck.

E

eng1aux415

the fdny film Brotherhood had tri-pods set up in Rescue 1 & 4 and Squad 252. What if I can Do that but have small cameras so it doesn't get in their way when entering or exiting the truck