interesting fdny cars

can anyone explain the strange paintjob on this car? division 11 had a slicktop crown vic with the same style paint job
E093l FDNY Ladder 45 with Chevy Caprice Fire Car, Washington Heights, New York City

and i found another picture of a fdny car its car 36 but ive never seen fdny use any brown cars before can someone plese explain this one too?
Car36.jpg

Looks like an older EMS or chief vehicle, probably an administrative vehicle now.  Most of the red-on-white units are either older or non-emergency response units from what I've seen.  The one Division 11 had was a temp post-9/11 replacement, probably from EMS.

Yes, I believe that is an EMS car. I used to go to EMS Hqs in Maspeth Queens. There were always vehicles parked outside there like that. As somebody said, most likely an EMS Chief or Adm Officer. I got a few pictures of them myself.

that one,and ive seen it around a few times it always has fsd on it so might have something to do with fleet services.

anesti said:
that one,and ive seen it around a few times it always has fsd on it so might have something to do with fleet services.

Yes, you are correct Anesti. I do know there was actually several of those style of cars. Probadly assigned to the FSD, and EMS.

this is a better link to the other car that i posted
http://www.firegroundphotos.net/index1.htm
go to that link click on fdny apparatus then go to citywide its the first row 4th collum
whats the deal with the brown cars? i don't think this is a post 9/11 replacement because this is a 1995-1997. and a question about the white caprice. why was ems issued white cars as opposed to the red cars that they are issued now? were they cars left over from the 1996 takeover?

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
White EMS Cars where from the merger.  They had  diffrent strips down the side and then were changed.  Today most are used by Fleet and the MVO's.