Josephine Harris Passed Away

Josephine Harris who was with the member of L-6 when north tower came down has passed away. May she rest in peace and continue to be our 'angel'...

Thank you for passing on that story. She seemed to be such a very good woman. She was confined to a wheel chair in the upper floors of the Tower and told the FDNY Members of Ladder 6 to leave her and keep going. Of course the Ladder 6 crew did NOT leave her. Instead they all took turns carrying her down many flights of stairs. With only a few more flights to go, the Tower came down trapping Josephine and those firefighters. Later they were all rescued in that huge pile of concrete and steel.
  She told her story, along with a few others on a program that was on the History Channel. It was called "Countdown to Ground Zero". (the video is now on DVD).
  She was a hero. She offered to stay and let those firefighters leave for Their own safety.
  Rest in Peace Josephine. "I know that I'll NEVER forget your story and what you did".

By L6 staying with her she saved their lives on that day.

RIP Josephine Harris

Chief Jonas is handling the arrangments, and one of the local funeral homes is offering free services.

FDNY150 said:
Chief Jonas is handling the arrangments, and one of the local funeral homes is offering free services.

Any further info on the coming Service for her please post.

Rest in Peace dear woman. She did save Brothers lives. I read in the NY Times her body is at the morgue, family unable to pay. Utterly tragic.

I never met Chief Jonas, but I think he's a very honorable man, and he knows best what being with Ms. Harris meant that day.

The FF's from 6 Truck, along with PAPD Officer David Lim will have the distinct privelege of carrying Their Angel, Josephine Harris to her final resting place

Reading this story just sent chills up my back!!  How ironic that FF's were saved by just being unconditionally willing to put themselves in harms way!!  I am continually amazed by the members of the FDNY!!