Ladder 3 and Engine 21 @ JFK Airport 07/20/11 0400Hrs

At approx 1900 hrs the Queens Disp. made a announcement on the voice alarm system. I missed part of it but from what I understood....Capt Hays and the members from Ladder Co. 3 and Engine Co 21 are going to JFK airport at 0400 hrs to pick up from what I understood was Ladder Co.3 apparatus that was destroyed at the WTC in 2001. The dispatcher stated the route would be Hanger Rd in JFK to 150 Av to 150 St to Rockaway Blvd. It will contuine on Rockaway Blvd to Atlantic Ave. Then it will go down Atlantic Ave towards downtown Brooklyn , then finally ending up at the WTC area. I know it will pass E 302 and TL 155 quarters. The dispatcher stated that any unit that would like to be part of this historical event may go 10-8 on a in service basis, and the disptachers stated that it will be there honor to help any unit that would like to be present along the designated route.

If any of you know more about this please feel free to let me and others know. I myself we be going to the intersection of Rockaway Blvd where it meets Woodhaven and Cross Bay Blvds and Liberty Ave. 

G-Man........Since you have the respect of many of the members on this board and have alot of knowledgable answers....do you know if there is some type of area at the WTC where the FDNY displays items....Thanks

truck4

Administrator
Ladder 3's rig

scan0018vo.jpg

Lone319Wolf said:
G-Man........Since you have the respect of many of the members on this board and have alot of knowledgable answers....do you know if there is some type of area at the WTC where the FDNY displays items....Thanks

I believe the destroyed rig is being installed at the museum/memorial in the new WTC.

Thank you all for the clairaification.  I was listening to QUeens FIre and followed Ladder Co. 3  transmissions from Queens Freq to Brooklyn to Manhattan.  I was at Rockaway BLvd and Liberty Ave IFO PC Richards.  The route was altered and the convoy took the N. Coundit from the airport into Brooklyn where it picked up Atlantic Ave.  I saw a few companys on the other side of the blvd . TL 142 request the location of the convoy and Ladder 3  stated they were entering Brooklyn. I can only think that TL 142 and Eng 285 were those companys awaiting the convoy.

Also looks like R4's New Ferrera in the Convoy also. When the Convoy reached Manhattan R1 took up at the rear of the Convoy. A nice touch to have 2 of Paddy Browns Co's bringing his rig home