Midtown EMS

Hey Guys

Well i have been travelling, and stopped at in NYC, spent a time with a Rescue, and did the sights of Manhattan and was very well accomodated by a friend at a Midtwon Engine for the night, (it turned out to be a quiet one for the company!!)

Visited friends in San Fran, then jetted over to friends in Sydney, Oz, before coming back to the UK, it all helped kind of.

Anyways, a question, or two, is Mount Sinai EMS still operating ambulances in Manhattan,

and what units, whether private or FDNY cover Times Square, as when I was there we came across NYU, St Lukes and thier very distinctive ambulances, the same FDNY EMS crew time and again in Times Square, but I never got the unit number, but I think thier CSL was W42nd and 7th, and I think a Presbytarian unit.

Regards to you all

JT

Yes Mt. Sinai does provide EMS coverage in Manhattan 11G, 12G both Bls units and 10U which is ALS. NYC has one unit 8C and St. Lukes has several units I don't know all the unit designations. It does not matter if your FDNY or voluntary unit if you happen to be available and the closest unit available to a call you will get it. Its very hard to tell you what unit or units cover Times Square.

Lets say I get a callby the WTC and the patient is stable and wishes to be transported to NYU, I do the transport. I clear up from the ER and I get a call on 59 Street and then take the patient to Cornell on 70 Street. I can easily get calls all day long all over Manhattan.