Nev. firefighter who died by suicide to be memorialized as line-of-duty death 12/29/2022

mack

Administrator

Nev. firefighter who died by suicide to be memorialized as line-of-duty death​

“It’s hard. It’s depressing,” said Henderson Fire Chief Shawn White, a friend of Clete Najeeb Dadian, who served with the department for almost 23 years

Yesterday at 12:32 PM

cletedadian.jpg

We who care for each other so very much, must try to learn the signs and symptoms of potential suicide in our brother and sister fire firefighters.
I have been part of the F.DN.Y. Counseling Services Unit as a Peer Counselor for almost 35 years, and sadly I have worked to help the those left behind when a suicide occurs. I can't say it strongly enough training is available from the IAFF and many other sources that will train us to see the dangers of suicide in those we work with and those we know. We cannot save them all, but we can save more if we a trained to know what to say and what actions to take when the risk is real or suspected. Right now, the FDNY has a Suicide Training Program under way, as they have had in the past. It has saved lives. Contact organizations such as "Everyone Goes Home" and the "International Critical Incident Stress Foundation" for more information. Lives of People care about, can be at risk don't wait to learn how to help. Capt. Bob Rainey E-26 Retired and senior Peer Counselor F.D.N.Y.FDNY 343 Rig Badge.jpg