New/replacement firehouses

About a year ago I passed the 44 EMS station which was our old firehouse. They had rigs parked in the middle of Rockaway Ave and a vacant lot up the block with rigs parked in it. They probably could get at least 4 of them in Qtrs.. Probably at least 2-3 I saw on the Ave. and in the lot 6-7. Try parking at a Police Precinct.
We actually made our own parking lot. After my car was stolen twice, I figured we could move the fence on the south side of the firehouse out about 4-5 feet and still have a 20 foot sidewalk and could park about 6-7 cars in there adjacent to the house. But also thought maybe time to install alarm in the car. So I did, do you think that was a deterant? Hell no. One Sunday day tour I parked on Bergen St. and would put car in lot after night tour left. We get a run at 0910 hrs. to Projects on Hopkinson Ave. and Dean St.. I then hear over the handie talkie that somebody broke into my car and the alarm was blaring. The night tour still in the house saw the event and took off after the kid. They caught him and he had a 231 shirt on which means this guy is a regular thief who knows how the FDNY operates and hits their cars when they get a run. Some of the perks working in the Ghetto. I didn't know 80 Honda Civic's became the hot car they wanted. It served me well, all 205,000 miles for 15 years.