Newark FD

Anyone from Newark out there? Good grief!! What is up with your apparatus colors?? Slime green/red stripe & now white/blue.

J

JuniorBuff88

Im not from Newark but as they say and already have started. They are now going to red colors. They already got a few rigs re-painted to red. I hope that works.

The 3rd picture will help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was driving on I-280 this Friday right past Rescue 1's, Truck 1's House and I saw an 75 ft American La Frence demo Rig Standing in front of the station from what I could tell it had a prepiped water way and no pump i was wonder if any one has any information on this. If Newark switching form the beloved E-ones to ALF? ???

P

Paperboy314

FDNY220122 said:
I was driving on I-280 this Friday right past Rescue 1's, Truck 1's House and I saw an 75 ft American La Frence demo Rig Standing in front of the station from what I could tell it had a prepiped water way and no pump i was wonder if any one has any information on this. If Newark switching form the beloved E-ones to ALF? ???

Unfortunately your right.. as of now trucks 1 and 5 got new ALF's rearmounts.. If im not mistaken 3 engines from ALF are coming into the city.. However the rescue is being replaced by a newer Eone.. Pictures of trucks 1 and 5 are on www.fdnytrucks.com.. How can you put a low bid fire truck in a high run department?? blows my mind!!  :'(  Speaking of ALF whatever happened to 34s ALF, did it hold up? How come they stop using it?

Paperboy314 said:
Speaking of ALF whatever happened to 34s ALF, did it hold up? How come they stop using it?

If you mean E34 in Hell's Kitchen, they received a High-Pressure engine that's better suited for their area.  The ALF is now on Governor's Island FPU (technically part of E4) to minimize the time it spends at the shops.

P

Paperboy314

If you mean E34 in Hell's Kitchen, they received a High-Pressure engine that's better suited for their area.  The ALF is now on Governor's Island FPU (technically part of E4) to minimize the time it spends at the shops.
[/quote]

Thanks

E

eng1aux415

I'm from Secaucus, NJ. We had a mutrual aid run to Union City in December of 2001, where dues to 4 3alarm fires, and our box for a car fire turned out to be a 3 1/2 story wood-frame fully involved on all floor and extended to a second 2 1/2 warehouse, we called for our 2nd Alarm which due to no companies in our area due to the other fire they called the FDNY, which sent out FDNY Engine 5, Engine 34, and Ladder 21, and Battalion 6, they also sent another truck i think not sure. Let me tell you Engine 34 which was a Lafrance did very well for water supply. Here's The Link
http://secaucuseng1.com/index2.html . Also can anyone give me a run down of how the FDNY even got their box ticket and a run down. I know the following info (Date: 12/2/01, Time:04:36hrs, Location: Union City, NJ)

From what I understand the ALF rigs that were ordered are extremely late being delivered, ALF loaned Newark a few demo rigs while the new ones were being built. Newark has been buying E-Ones since they started being sold in NJ, stick with whats worked for 25 yrs. Not to get into a "who's better" arguement, my dept has three E-Ones and if I had my way we would have four E-Ones.