Older FDNY appartus

Sean has a great collection of older FDNY rigs from the 30's to the 80's. Almost every front line truck used.
http://www.fireapparatusphotography.com/spreadsheets/NY_Photography.htm

N

NZFDNYBuff

Gotta love those old Mack aerialscopes - they're the best FDNY rigs ever :)

Thanks "r1smokeater" for posting those pictures. There's a few others too I've noticed you posted. I didn't realize these were on here when I sent you the E-mail.
  Those Mack Tower Ladders sure did a great job during those War Years. I remember Engine 60 and T.L 17 being the only rigs on the scene for a Vacant 5 Brick, Fully Involved. There was no other exposures because everything around had already been burned out. Engine 60 fed the Tower Ladder and the guys in the bucket went from floor to floor knocking down that heavy fire with their smooth bore tip. The dispatchers had nobody available to fight the fire. I think that was somewhere around Brook or Caudwell and 143 St. G-mans old neighborhood.

nfd2004 said:
Thanks "r1smokeater" for posting those pictures. There's a few others too I've noticed you posted. I didn't realize these were on here when I sent you the E-mail.
   Those Mack Tower Ladders sure did a great job during those War Years. I remember Engine 60 and T.L 17 being the only rigs on the scene for a Vacant 5 Brick, Fully Involved. There was no other exposures because everything around had already been burned out. Engine 60 fed the Tower Ladder and the guys in the bucket went from floor to floor knocking down that heavy fire with their smooth bore tip. The dispatchers had nobody available to fight the fire. I think that was somewhere around Brook or Caudwell and 143 St. G-mans old neighborhood.
Yes, I think that was around Brook & 143rd St. I remember buffing one night when we saw a 6 story brick vacant at the NE corner of Hoe & Westchester almost fully involved. We heard dispatchers say they had no engines available in the Bronx and the only responding unit turned out to be L31 with their 1968 ALF tiller. They stood there for what seemed like an eternity waiting for that first engine which I believe turned out to be E50-2 then those two units took care of the business at hand. That night we went back E60/L17 firehouse and the housewatch told us that L117 acting L17 and L39 were the only two Trucks in the Bronx from 132nd St. to the City Line that night.

I have placed several orders in the past with Sean Ryan. He is reliable and if the truck is listed--he has it. He will mail them to you and then tell you the total. He is a brother also in California. The pics are good, just email him which ones you want.

My hometown Dept had former FDNY TL146. They used it until the late 90's and it served them very well

http://www.fdnytrucks.com/files/html/otherstates/Middlesex%20County/Woodbridge%20Twp%20Dist%2012.htm