Overnight double parkers

I work Bronx overnights, anyone else having issues navigating permanent overnight double Parker’s? And what can be done about it.

If it's a regular occurrence in the same place, I'd suggest contacting the police and tell them to keep an eye out for them.

I work Bronx overnights, anyone else having issues navigating permanent overnight double Parker’s? And what can be done about it.
It's a problem during the days too. Most of the time it's fastest just back out the block and make a detour. We only call PD if we get blocked in by traffic that built up behind us and stops us from backing out. Their response times are as you'd imagine, so we only do it as a last resort. Easiest solution is if at all possible avoid the block if it looks like it's going to be impassable. If it's on the block we need to make, we hoof it the rest of the way.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
NYC's Traffic Agents, AKA - the Night Hawks, working the night shift would handle these types of complaints. Call it into 3-1-1.
Years back, in 1971 Battalion Chief William Rinsdale, Batt 19, died because of triple parking on Davidson Ave near West 176 St. Fire hydrants were also blocked.