Quincy MA

Quincy MA has placed a fourth ladder company in service effective July 1. It will be quartered with Engine 6 in the Houghs Neck section. They recently purchased a 1992 Pierce Lance 105' quint with a 1250GPM pump for use as a reserve piece. I do not know if its new assignment will be Ladder 4. It will need a paint job though, it was purchased from a Wisconsin department and is lime green!

Quincy MA has placed a fourth ladder company in service effective July 1. It will be quartered with Engine 6 in the Houghs Neck section. They recently purchased a 1992 Pierce Lance 105' quint with a 1250GPM pump for use as a reserve piece. I do not know if its new assignment will be Ladder 4. It will need a paint job though, it was purchased from a Wisconsin department and is lime green!
One of the local sign companies posted on their social media, this truck was originally Ladder 8, and was just changed last week to Ladder 4.

Definitely a good addition, I remember Houghs Neck as being fairly isolated from the mainland and tough to get to. But then again that was back when I had to get to Quincy Yacht Club for Safe Boating courses when I was getting my USCG license and I had to rely on the T and the bus to get there on a weekend. Probably a lot easier to maneuver when you have your own car!