Remote control pump panel via nozzle

Would you feel comfortable fighting a fire inside a structure with no pump operator and using this?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
8D204894-E8B8-4026-89F9-0A39B072859F.jpeg

The nozzle and the attack line are your lifeline . Electronics fail, radio signals can be compromised by interference, certain types of construction can shield radio signals , etc. People not electronics when it comes to something as life safety critical as pumping the line. I am all for technology and newest gadgets- but not in this case. I wouldn’t trust it.

OPEN LINK BELOW TO VIEW THIS PRODUCT

Last edited:
Didn't the FDNY try this out in the 70's with the Gruman engine? Failed then, what's different now? With no MPO on the panel, I would hesitate to advance a line.

Didn't the FDNY try this out in the 70's with the Gruman engine? Failed then, what's different now? With no MPO on the panel, I would hesitate to advance a line.
Yes this has been tried several times since the 70’s. What’s different now is that the electronic nozzle can probably be made cheaper in China now🤣

sorry guys, Iaccidentally voted yes on this: it is absolutely not! the MPO has more to think about than just his/her members on the hose line; water supply and health of the engine driving that pump to name a couple. doubt it can address those issues 😉

RCL

Nope. There too much a good engineer/driver/ecc/mpo should be doing. Should be another set of eyes watching conditions, anticipating how many more lines may be needed off their truck,monitoring if the supply can the supply lines handle higher flow rates, that the nozzleman wants, what happens when some one runs over a supply line and cuts it, or the the truck has an issue where you lose pump pressure. Or if your drafting and get air into the system.

Then add in water and electronics typically don't play to well together. Or the signal is blocked by something.

I could see it as a mobile pump panel for the engineer for short durations.