RIGs in Procurement or Solicitation

it’s New York City with the biggest planning department in the world. I’m sure they can figure it out. If they can’t, they have no business being in the game
If it’s that easy , then why is E289 & L136 still operating out of a quonset hut across from the quarters? And probably will be for sometime while their existing firehose is demoed and a new one is built. My estimate for the new firehouse to open 5 to 7 years. R-1 & R-4 have been hunting for a suitable location for a new firehose for years. I believe they found a location for R-1 But haven’t heard any up date in a while.

i’m just curious on why the fire departments building section or city’s building department that’s responsible for the procurement of future land and space available for fire houses being built cannot do a joint use venture with a developer in their geographical area on a vacant lot or a proposed site, for a multi use commercial building with a fire house on the ground level. if this was offered to a developer, this would not only speed up the permit process, but it would also give them, and if it was up to me a tax break or tax credit for having a firehouse on their property this would also help in the response and lower some of the insurance rates due to the response times for the area. just my thought and opinion.

i’m just curious on why the fire departments building section or city’s building department that’s responsible for the procurement of future land and space available for fire houses being built cannot do a joint use venture with a developer in their geographical area on a vacant lot or a proposed site, for a multi use commercial building with a fire house on the ground level. if this was offered to a developer, this would not only speed up the permit process, but it would also give them, and if it was up to me a tax break or tax credit for having a firehouse on their property this would also help in the response and lower some of the insurance rates due to the response times for the area. just my thought and opinion.
they have done that before engine 4 ladder 15 , engine 8 ladder 2 and battalion 8 are both on the ground floors of high-rise buildings

There was talk about putting Station 7 in Hudson Yards but there were zoning issues that couldn't be overcame. Station 10 is actually in an apartment building too.

they have done that before engine 4 ladder 15 , engine 8 ladder 2 and battalion 8 are both on the ground floors of high-rise buildings
Also E40 L35 with the same setup.
They should do it for E35L14.Since they tore down the Pathmark and luxury housing will be built atop or around their current firehouse