Sen. Collins Calls Cops on 9/11 1st responders

After the police were called, it was determined that there was NEVER any danger to her and it was just a Peaceful Demonstration. A wee bit paranoid I'd say.

After seeing the way they treat these 9/11 workers, I wonder what will happen if, or should I say when, "THEY" get us again. A few years ago, I saw One 9/11 worker. He had been a member of FDNY Ladder 15. The guy had to catch his breathe after walking up FOUR Steps. And they can't be bothered helping people like this out. "I CERTAINLY WILL REMEMBER".

Unfortunately the GOP Senators and members of the House have shown that their number one priority is to protect the wealthiest millionaires and billionaires of America from having to part with any of their precious money. Those of us in the middle class (including those of us who ran toward the September 11th terrorist attacks) do not rate any consideration whatsoever.

No one gives a rat's ass when everything is quiet and normal. When the provorbial s*it hits the fan, well the question is where the f&&k were you guys? Just take care of yourselves and those you love and cherish.Ask for politicians I think Shakespere said take care of the lawyers, well take care of the politicians! :-X :( :mad: :mad:

The article that was quoted goes on to say :  "...a staffer alerted police after they got a letter from Feal Wednesday warning that he and other responders planned to sit in at Senate offices until they got answers or police hauled them away...(that) Collins was never worried, and would never try to prevent responders from visiting...(and) (s)he even offered her strongest support yet for the bill after staffers met with Feal and his team".

So someone tell me why is she a P.O.S. ?

Seems that some people are so eager to play partisan and call names that they miss the bottom line.

bklyndisp54 said:
The article that was quoted goes on to say :  "...a staffer alerted police after they got a letter from Feal Wednesday warning that he and other responders planned to sit in at Senate offices until they got answers or police hauled them away...(that) Collins was never worried, and would never try to prevent responders from visiting...(and) (s)he even offered her strongest support yet for the bill after staffers met with Feal and his team".

So someone tell me why is she a P.O.S. ?

Seems that some people are so eager to play partisan and call names that they miss the bottom line.

Dispatcher: I have sent you a reply in 'PM'.

Thanks, 69mets.  I'm glad we cleared the air... and we are just about on the same page.

Why can't the politicians be like that?

Merry Christmas to all!

there a long list of stupid BS that they can cut funding to so they can give these heroes what they need. there are tens of thousands of people that worked days on end downtown in the months after 9/11. look at some of the stupid shit that the stimulus package gave money to that was completely unnecessary that could have gone to better use. but its not just the Feds fault. Bloomburg should have lobbied for the 9/11 workers. But when you look at all of this on a nationwide scale first responders are for the most part second class citizens in terms of funding and overall respect until until there's a guy with a gun in your house or somethings on fire.

mercurygrandmarquis1 said:
there a long list of stupid BS that they can cut funding to so they can give these heroes what they need. there are tens of thousands of people that worked days on end downtown in the months after 9/11. look at some of the stupid shit that the stimulus package gave money to that was completely unnecessary that could have gone to better use. but its not just the Feds fault. Bloomburg should have lobbied for the 9/11 workers. But when you look at all of this on a nationwide scale first responders are for the most part second class citizens in terms of funding and overall respect until until there's a guy with a gun in your house or somethings on fire.

Zack (Mercury....), you're a young guy but you're learning fast. The first person politicians want to take care of is THEMSELVES. After that, those that contribute big time to their campaign funds (like $10,000 dinner plates). If anything is left, then comes The Real Heros, but really that's just for a show to put themselves into the DO GOOD Spotlight. (Ultimatly looking for their own gains).
  The Real people that do good for Our Country are the ones risking their lives and helping Our Citizens every day. Firefighters, Police Officers, Military, Doctors, Nurses, Teachers, even the every day guy fixing our cars and picking up our garbage. I Respect everyone of them, alot more than MOST Self Centered, Millionaire Politicians who only look for their Own Political Future.

Another thing about politicians in general, they love getting their pictures taken with us, once the photographers/reporters have left, they're are already contemplating on how to bend us over the barrel.