squad with TRV

while i was searching around was reading about the squad companies, and there was one with a TRV. i believe it carries extra gear for the squad?

why does this certain squad only have a TRV? and what is carried that might not be on a rescue or a TAC? and why don't all the squads have a TRV? thanks again.

hawaiifiveo said:
while i was searching around was reading about the squad companies, and there was one with a TRV. i believe it carries extra gear for the squad?

why does this certain squad only have a TRV? and what is carried that might not be on a rescue or a TAC? and why don't all the squads have a TRV? thanks again.

i think it carries both collapse stuff on one side and hazmat gear on the other, up to 1998 only squad 1 was around.

cool, i was searching around more and found that the other squads have a hazmat truck. so the squad company that has the TRV, are hey cross trained  in rescue ops? thanks also any pics

Squad 1's TRV is a holdover from the past.  When Squad 1 was (re)created way back when as the only Squad, they were assigned the TRV as a citywide special response unit.  In 1998 all the other squads were made and given HazTec training, Squad 1 kept the TRV.  All the squads have HazTec and Rescue Ops training, Squad 1 just happens to have a few more tools they can respond with to major incidents.

They had a international/saulsbury  before this one that was destroyed in the 9/11 attacks. The current veichle was either a demo that was beign evaluated or a emergency purchase,ive seen a pictures of it in service relatively unmarked.

hawaiifiveo said:
are there any plans on adding more squads, since they are so valuable and used quit often. thanks

I would really doubt the FDNY would be adding any more squads within the near future. Most talk today is of budget cuts. On another post people were talking about a Squad for Staten Island. Now it's talk of cutting a Staten Island Engine Co. Just an outsiders view point. Nothing official here by me though.

maybe not adding, but converting some engine companies, instead of buying an engine they can buy a rescue pumper. one squad per division would be ideal but, i don't know just an observation. but i do love that TRV i don't no why, but i think its a good compliment for a squad. mahalo

The 1991 International TRV:
trve.jpg

trvb.jpg

nfd2004 said:
hawaiifiveo said:
are there any plans on adding more squads, since they are so valuable and used quit often. thanks

I would really doubt the FDNY would be adding any more squads within the near future. Most talk today is of budget cuts. On another post people were talking about a Squad for Staten Island. Now it's talk of cutting a Staten Island Engine Co. Just an outsiders view point. Nothing official here by me though.
  Training & equipment for Squad costs $$$$$ so I doubt the "bean counters" would go for it. :mad: