Steve Buscemi

The actor Steve Buscemi just won a Golden Globes award.  According to his bio, he served as an FDNY firefighter from 1980 to 1984 and was assigned to Engine 55 in Little Italy.  He was born in Brooklyn and graduated from Valley Stream High School.

Among other roles...He starred in "Trees Lounge" a movie centered around an actual bar in Valley Stream of that name.

68jk09 said:
Among other roles...He starred in "Trees Lounge" a movie centered around an actual bar in Valley Stream of that name.

thats right.....I actually just watched this with my GF no more than a month ago its weird seeing houses and places right around the block from where I've livee for the last 13 years in a movie

Classic role in Fargo.

I heard he helped at the Trade Center recovery ops......

"Boardwalk Empire" completed Season One on HBO just a while back. Steve Buscemi has THE role in the series. I was a Sopranos watcher and he had a part in one or two seasons, but I gotta say this new show Boardwalk Empire could end up getting as big as The Sopranos. The Series gives him the opportunity to show just how deeply he can develop and reveal  a character, with all the complexities and nuances. In my opinion, he is an extremely talented actor.

He's funny, scary, serious, nonchalant, intelligent in character; I can imagine working with him might have been a real trip.

I can envision him sitting across on a jump seat doing his schtick. I have no idea what he's like in real person, but if he's actually just playing himself in his roles, like DeNero does, he would keep me laughing my ass off in a fire truck, I'll tell ya what!

Capnkeys said:
Classic role in Fargo.

I heard he helped at the Trade Center recovery ops......

"Boardwalk Empire" completed Season One on HBO just a while back. Steve Buscemi has THE role in the series. I was a Sopranos watcher and he had a part in one or two seasons, but I gotta say this new show Boardwalk Empire could end up getting as big as The Sopranos. The Series gives him the opportunity to show just how deeply he can develop and reveal  a character, with all the complexities and nuances. In my opinion, he is an extremely talented actor.

He's funny, scary, serious, nonchalant, intelligent in character; I can imagine working with him might have been a real trip.

I can envision him sitting across on a jump seat doing his schtick. I have no idea what he's like in real person, but if he's actually just playing himself in his roles, like DeNero does, he would keep me laughing my ass off in a fire truck, I'll tell ya what!

Also was big part of the 2003 protest to stop the firehouse closings. I think steve buscemi,and at the time city councilman Bill Deblasio were both arrested.

squarewheels said:
i wonder what he was like at the kitchen table

I'll find out.............kid I work with now has a father who's on the job...............his father worked in 55 Engine awhile ago when Steve was there.