Stillman Fire Collection Video - Boston Fire Dept 1930s

Great video, you would not get that many bodies on a current 9th alarm in Boston. Again BFD showing their great ladder work, I remember a job in Brighton where L-14 made an alley way where a VW would have problems, several rescues. No SCBA;s no radios, what is RIT/FAST, a tower ladder, no bunker gear. The older guys had bigger kahones than I would ever have. To those guys who rode the back step: Boston, Chicago, New York, LA, and every one house company in America, these people answered the call. Paid, Paid on call, vollies, you call we come. Wish I could have joined you in the 70's in Boston but the liberals said a wounded vet deserved no special treatment. Send us off to war but cover your own useless butts. But really I have no complaints. Met a great woman from Chicago (long story) got married, had a son and now 2 grand kids.I have a pix of my son on the bumper of BFD Tower 1.  I buffed with a great bunch of guys, especial Frank SanServino.  Chicago FF's were great got my son a bucket ride in Squad 5.Just an old man paying his respects to everyone who goes out on a call.Thanx for my rambling.