The Dreyfous Collection

Just received my copy of this magnificent edition.  It is a photographic history of FDNY from 1912 - 1947.  The pictures are from the collection of Albert G. Dreyfous, official photographer for FDNY.  Great pictures,, great layouts, great stories.  Published by the Connecticut Fire Historical Society.

Bro,

Kindly "goan" and post the website where you ordered this from!

Nice work. The photos speak volumes. we're fortunate to have this valuable piece of FDNY history.

H

Higheagle

Thanks for the kudos!  The Dreyfous book came out better than we could have hoped.  We were very lucky indeed!  Most of the glass plate negatives were in thier original paper sleeves, with notes on them in pencil in Dreyfous' handwriting.  The shocker was, they were stored in a two drawer METAL file box!  They remained that way from 1947 until 2006 when we started the conservation project.  I originally thought of doing a shift calender with the horse drawn photos, but quickly talked myself into the book.  It took over two years and lots of help to pull it together.
In addition, there are seven photo albums of prints that he developed for himself.  Most photos had the dates and the box written along side of them.  The entire collection has been digitized onto archival discs, and the originals have been put away in museum storage.
  We would be happy to provide copies to FDNY companies, for program books, etc.  We do not want them to get out there in multiples, for sale on auction sites...