Thought was Funny

Willy D "nfd2004" this one for you:
    last night Willy D and I spoke on the phone and he thought would be a good idea to post some EMS stories. Well last night around 0100 was dispatched to a reported " Car vs Boat", understand I work in Tennessee in the Mountains, not to many boats and especially not at 1 in the morning. During our response my partner and I already had a gut feeling this was going to be not a normal job. Well it sure wasn't. Upon arrival, saw a car, occupant out of vehicle. No boat in sight. Approaching the car did see a Massive amount of blood on the hood and windshield.
  The lone driver, who was very difficult to understand, maybe it was the 1 tooth that moved when he spoke, but let's say, he was "Country Folk". After interperting what he said, no boat involved, it was a GOAT that he hit, apparently 911 was also unable to discfer his fine English. Car won, goat lost.
  I guess you really never know what you are going out on, oh yea, County Sheriff did take the driver away, apparently he liked his "shine" a little to much.

Yeah Rob, that's the kind of stuff I'm talking about. I got a little chuckle out of it myself.
  I told Rob that there are stories to tell. The Fires and Busy War Years might be over, but everyday our Police, Fire, and EMS, deal with the Good and the Bad in Our Society. Some very funny stories, and of course some extremely sad stories. I told Rob that in his generation, we may not be able to talk about two fires burning on the same street at the same time, but there are still stories to tell.
  A few months ago, I was in New London, Ct visiting a good friend of mine who used to buff the FDNY with me. He is a Lieutenant on a pretty busy Engine Co there. He and the rest of the guys were saying how, most of their runs now are EMS, NOT Fires. Our conversation started to change from the fires of yesterday to the types of calls today. It was amazing to hear some of the things these guys deal with today.
  In New London, the fire dept there does the ambulance. One member started to describe how he responded to an assault in progress. When they arrived with the ambulance, the police were on the scene, and the assailant was on the scene still stabbing his girlfriend. The police had no choice but to shoot this suspect. The New London Firefighters witness this happen just as they got out of the ambulance. They said it happened all in about 30 seconds.
  That was just One story they told me that night. There were a few others too. But I remembered that story the most. A female suffering many stab wounds and the male suspect shot by the P.D. still just about breathing. I told those New London Firefighters that years from now, you will be telling your own set of War Years Stories. There'll be funny stories as Rob has told us, and there'll be tragic stories as these firefighters told me. But saving lives is still what its all about. I Salute these Emergency workers today. They are truely Americas Heros.

Thanks Rob & Bill for the stories. I have an unrelated question for you Bill. Do you know if the New London FD responds to jobs on the submarine base ?

If I may add......I work in a Dept. just east of New London Ct. No, they are not normally assigned except for FAST I believe. However, Sub Base is the primary FAST for NLFD. 

Mike .....,  "Bxboro" (Scott) beat me to it. He's a good man and he explained it probadly better than I would of. And when I talked to Rob, it was about 9:00 PM. He was on his 14th call of the shift. I think his shift started at 0600 hrs that day. He still had nine hours to go.
  I remember going on a medical call and we had a new probie who also had just finished his EMT School. The call came in as a female with chest pains/diff breather. The probie needed experience so he was the primary person to deal with this. He asked the woman who was sitting in bed next to her husband, "what were you doing when this started" ? The husband answered and said "I was with my wife". Again the probie asked the same question. Again the same answer by the husband, "I was with my wife". The probie never caught on. We had to pull him aside and let another guy take over who understood a little better what the husband was doing with the wife.
  Today that probie is now a Captain. A Great Guy and has two kids of his own. It took him a while to figure out what that husband meant when he said "I was with my wife". I guess he knows now. 

johnd248 said:
Bxboro is with the Poquonnock Bridge FD in Groton.

"Bxboro", "Johnd248" and I go back quite a few years. Good People. Hope to see you at the Member Meeting.