Threats, Beatings, Extortion: The Violent World of Fire-Truck Chasers

The only threats I used to hear was somebody on the fire floor yell to the Engine get in there you cowards.

One of the guys OTJ here recommended me to a guy who owns a restoration company said I’d be perfect for it since I buff jobs around here.

Told him it wasn’t for me. I’m not trying to talk to people at a fire scene at what is probably their worst moment in life. Only other people i wanna talk to is friends OTJ about the fire.

Now imagine trying to help people and having to watch your back

One of the guys OTJ here recommended me to a guy who owns a restoration company said I’d be perfect for it since I buff jobs around here.

Told him it wasn’t for me. I’m not trying to talk to people at a fire scene at what is probably their worst moment in life. Only other people i wanna talk to is friends OTJ about the fire.

Now imagine trying to help people and having to watch your back
I can tell you those seeking a profit are not there to help anyone but themselves or their employer.

truck4

Administrator
They started showing up in Westchester about 10 years ago fooling people into thinking they were there 'officially' or on behalf of the property owner. We had to educate our people that they are not allowed to cross the tape. They would carry very flashy ID cards and try to latch on to OEM or Red Cross people. Once they were kept behind the line, they would persistently attempt to speak with fire victims. Haven't seen much of these groups recently.