Valhalla (Westchester), NY- Working Fire 06-07-23

truck4

Administrator
Date: 06-08-23
Time: 1710hrs
Location: 800 Old Farm Rod- New York Medical College Housing on Grasslands Reservation
Description: Fire in a garden apartment MD

1710hrs- Valhalla and Thornwood for the structure fire.

1716hrs- Mount Pleasant Police on location rpt working fire. Car 2481 S/C Thornwood Truck.

1719hrs- Car 2481 transmitting 10-75.
M/A FAST Thornwood, North white Plains L-47, Pleasantville E-91, Fairview E-175

1725hrs- M/A Sleepy Hollow E-86, West Harrison L-9 for cover

".......While units were enroute MPPD advised there was smoke coming from the second floor of the building. Car 2481 then added a Thornwood ladder to the assignment.
Once 2481 arrived, a 10-75 was transmitted which activated mutual aid.
Crews made entry into the apartment with heavy fire. Members were able to put water on the fire quickly and began primary searches. Companies vented the roof and windows to allow smoke and heat to exit the apartment.
Once the main body of fire was knocked down, members began an extensive overhaul of the apartment. Crews opened up and checked for extension.
Once all hotspots were taken care of the Westchester County Cause & Origin Team was brought in to investigate the cause of the fire."

The more I read this, the more I'm convinced that Valhalla is manned and run by FDNY members!
Good SOP for a volunteer department, and description of the incident.
This looks very much like the BF-24's I used to type (yep, in a typwrriter) when I was in the 3rd Battalion, many - many moons ago.