What exactly is CIDS?

I know it gives a quick preliminary of the type of bldg, occupancy,etc...
My question was, where does the info come from, is it from bldg inspections, what does CIDS stand for, and last one, Are there any High Risk Bldgs that would get 4 Eng's on the initial alarm. Thank you

And now a reading from my web page:

WHO IS THIS PERSON SID AND FROM WHERE DOES HE GET ALL HIS INFORMATION?

"Attention units responding to box 1234, Sids information available upon request." We're not talking about a person called Sid. The Critical Information Dispatch System (CIDS) was invented to provide fire fighters with information that might be helpful while operating at a fire scene. While companies are out on building inspection they make note of special conditions that can affect their operation. Typical entries contain the height, dimensions, occupancy, and construction of the building; the location of standpipes; the location of hazardous materials stored within; or any other critical information.
--------------
The only structure I am aware of that gets 4+2 on the initial dispatch is the Bedford Armory. There could be others in other boroughs. For non-structural locations there's the Belt Pkwy between Flatbush & Rockaway that gets 2+1 from both sides due to weight restrictions. Most of the double-digit boxes in Greenpoint get 3+2.

Critical Information Dispatch System, generated by the company officer (Lt or Capt) whose district the building is located in. CIDS is submitted whenever conditions are found - building inspection, during a response to a building, after a fire etc. If a minimum response is required it can be included in CIDS. There was a school in our area that required 2 TLs on the box. The first 2 trucks assigned were rear mounts so 4 trucks would respond on the box ( if the 1st and 2nd truck were available)