When did the FDNY go from 4th Alarms being the max to 5th Alarms?

I just got curious about this, because alot of old jobs that were major 100+ years ago went to the 4th, no higher.

The old "wagon books" of the late 19th and early 20th centuries were carried by each Company Foreman and Chief Officer.
They only assigned up to 3d Alarm in the Bronx. (I dont know about the other boroughs.) The telegraph system and its box numbers were revised in the early 1920s and assignments filled to the 5th Alarm after that in all boroughs. New platte assignment books with red hard covers were published and I believe that's when the "run cards" were issued to each unit.

The assignment book for the Bronx in 1900 had five lines, but only was filled in for three alarms, and in some cases only two alarms.

In 1922 the National Board of Fire Underwriters recommended that the Chicago Fire Department increase the running assignments from three to five alarms and to include automatic change of quarters, The first five alarm cards were issued in November. 1927 for the downtown area. The entire city would not be completed until 1941. Also, from 1922, every engine, truck, squad, and battalion chief were given "still alarm" districts.

As far as I know, CFD running cards are unique in that the order of assignment is numerical and not geographic for each alarm.