Which FDNY Firehouses had the worst parking (for personal vehicles) ?

E10/ L10 probably the worse…..
E9/L6
E5 by far since they added bud lane.
E80/TL23
E84/L34
E93/TL45

The question should have been reversed, most firehouses have poor street parking. Any firehouse joined with a police precient I'm sure is not good. Typically along the street is a sign posted for fd vehicles. But with incoming tours, the streets get jammed up and guys have to jockey their cars to go home or later in the tour when a spot opens. E 10 was mentioned, prior to 9/11 E 10 and L 10 had ten designated spots under the WTC for parking. Nobody used them, they preferred to park alongside the firehouse. L 20 has some underground parking too.

The question should have been reversed, most firehouses have poor street parking. Any firehouse joined with a police precient I'm sure is not good. Typically along the street is a sign posted for fd vehicles. But with incoming tours, the streets get jammed up and guys have to jockey their cars to go home or later in the tour when a spot opens. E 10 was mentioned, prior to 9/11 E 10 and L 10 had ten designated spots under the WTC for parking. Nobody used them, they preferred to park alongside the firehouse. L 20 has some underground parking too.
i guess best houses are L20 E160 and S288

Any firehousein a building that also houses a police precinct. The cops have their cars all over the place with no room for FDNY. E 248 is a prime example in with 67 Precinct. Might be the same with E 245/L 161 and others.

Many Firehouses I’ve worked in are bad for parking around change of tour and I would guess in Brooklyn, the Bronx and in the City it’s sometimes impossible. I remember going to a Community Council meeting while working as an ABC and being
scolded by Dept of Transportation (Meter Maid) about members cars double parked every morning around 8:00am causing traffic problems. When the street is marked for FDNY members it’s never enough for those working much less change of tours.
You rely on a understanding NYPD, meter maids and neighbors.

311/158 had good parking because on corner from Springfield park & street widens out. Squad 270 wasn't too bad as well. My old house 285/142 was rough but we had understanding with storage place down block for designated spots which helped out.

My former unit Engine 26 "The Bat Cave" was on West 37th between 7 & 8 Aves. W.37 St. is a major Westbound Street for traffic coming from the Queens Midtown Tunnel to the Lincoln Tunnel. Engine 26s firehouse is also in the center of Manhattan's Garment District, with many trucks making deliveries, to all the tenant factories in the Garment District. Both parking and traffic were beyond "descriptionally bad" I remember bumper to bumper traffic at 2:00 A.M. in front of the firehouse if work was being done that closed one or more of the tubes in the Lincoln Tunnel. At the change of tours, the incoming members would double park until the off going members pulled out and often a member had to stand in the parking spot, so it would not be taken so the incoming member could fill the "reserved parking spot" I am sure it is as bad if not worse now. Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired

My former unit Engine 26 "The Bat Cave" was on West 37th between 7 & 8 Aves. W.37 St. is a major Westbound Street for traffic coming from the Queens Midtown Tunnel to the Lincoln Tunnel. Engine 26s firehouse is also in the center of Manhattan's Garment District, with many trucks making deliveries, to all the tenant factories in the Garment District. Both parking and traffic were beyond "descriptionally bad" I remember bumper to bumper traffic at 2:00 A.M. in front of the firehouse if work was being done that closed one or more of the tubes in the Lincoln Tunnel. At the change of tours, the incoming members would double park until the off going members pulled out and often a member had to stand in the parking spot, so it would not be taken so the incoming member could fill the "reserved parking spot" I am sure it is as bad if not worse now. Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired
They for sure still can’t get down the block