WOUNDED WARRIOR.

I am pasting this from another site ....please read & send a card & passit on....QUOTE 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LCPL John G. Curtin USMC of Brewster, NY was deployed to Afghanistan on 24Jan2011 and on 15Feb2011 was wounded by an IED causing the loss of both legs and other major trauma.

Currently, he being treated at Bethesda and the local community is asking folks to recognize his sacrifice by sending him cards, his twenty-first birthday is on 12March and St Patk's Day is March 17th.

LCPL John G. Curtin USMC
National Naval Medical Center
8901 Wisconsin Ave. Room 516E
Bethesda, MD 20889 
UNQUOTE.....Thanks to "89west" for sending this info around. 

mack

Administrator
Thanks for the address, Chief.  Most Americans forget about our Wounded Warriors and Service members these days.  Fortunately, I see many FDNY and other FD shirts on soldiers, Marines, sailors and airmen at Walter Reed and Bethesda, especially in the amputee center. 

Pasted from another site....Thanks to BROTHER Flkeys......QUOTE...... One more example where the priorities that made this Country great are being pushed into the background to make room for the mindless pulp and propaganda dominating the National Consciousness!.

This just made perfect sense to be shared.

Lindsay Lohan is 24 and her story is all over the news because she's a celebrity and a drug addict. Charlie Sheen is all over the news because he is a celebrity and has multiple issues.

While...
Justin Allen 23,
Brett Linley 29,
Matthew Weikert 29,
Justus Bartett 27,
Dave Santos 21,
Jesse Reed 26,
Matthew Johnson 21,
Zachary Fisher 24,
Brandon King 23,
Christopher Goeke 23,
Sheldon Tate 27

are all Marines that gave their lives this week for us.

There is no media for them. Not even a mention of their names.

Honor Them, by sending this on!

AMEN.

UNQUOTE......RIP TO ALL....... SEMPER FI......NEVER FORGET !

There has been NO mention of any US forces being killed during combat. I thought there was a lull in the action because of weather which would seriously hamper combat actions, especially the use of air assests. I fully support the Wounded Warrior program but a word of caution. If you are sending a card or a package YOU MUST BE NAME SPECIFIC, NOT ANY SOLDIER OR MARINE. IT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AND WILL BE RETURNED. It is gratifying to see our military men and woman are getting the respect they deserve. A far cry for those who served in Vietnam and the way they were treated upon their return. I am a Vietnam vet and I will NEVER forget how the citizens of CA treated me when I arrived in SF after 2 tours.

Thank GOD for the good people of this country who know it is a patriotic duty of all to not only remember everyday our soldiers, marines, sailors and airmen out there around the world going in harms way and doing their duty, sometimes paying the ultimate price, and many times more having to endure critical injuries, but also supporting them however we can. There are so many ways to help, and firefighters are always in the forefront; supporting, remembering, volunteering.
The New York State Police & Fire Retirees Association includes with it's annual dues renewal notice, an opportunity to send an additional check that goes to an organization that does the supply, packaging and shipping of products to help make life in the combat zones just a little bit more comfortable for the troops.

I'd like to mention an organization that does incredible work for our troops and their families in the dire times of need when there is an injury, and the family needs to be housed near the hospital where the injured warrior is being treated. Many of you may have already heard of "The Fisher House", but for those who haven't here's a brief overview of what they did in 2010 alone:

"2010 Highlights
Families served: More than 12,000
Average length of stay: 15 days
Average length of stay for combat casualties: 45-60 days
Saved families more than $17 million in lodging costs, plus food and transportation
More than 75,000 hours of volunteer service"

About the Fisher Houses:

"Description
Typically, the houses are 5,000 to 16,000 square foot homes donated by the Fisher family and Fisher House Foundation. Each house is designed to provide 8 to 21 suites. All are professionally furnished and decorated in the tone and style of the local region. The houses can accommodate 16 to 42 family members. They feature a common kitchen, laundry facilities, spacious dining room and an inviting living room with library, and toys for children. Newest houses are 100% handicap accessible and include elevators. A Fisher House is a temporary residence and is not a treatment facility, hospice or counseling center. The program began in 1990, and has offered more than three million days of lodging to more than 120,000 families."

The website:
http://www.fisherhouse.org/houses/

A PDF file of the Fisher House locations:

http://www.fisherhouse.org/assets/201/Map_FisherHouse.pdf

This is a great organization to support in my opinion. God Bless and Protect Our Troops!