Yonkers, NY- Pursuit 09-01-12 *Updated*

truck4

Administrator
Date: 09-01-12
Time: 2230hrs
Location: Along I-287 and I-87 into Yonkers, ending at North Broadway X Lake Ave and North Broadway X Executive Blvd.
Description: NYSP in pursuit of several motorcycles with an injured Trooper. (1) motorcycle stopped on the ramp from I-87 to northbound Saw Mill in Elmsford. (2) other motorcycles stopped in Yonkers. Incident lead to several reported MVA's in the area of the pursuit. WCPD, Yonkers and several other agencies involved.

According to News 12 Westchester:

--NYSP observed about a dozen motorcycles southbound on I-87 near the Palisades Parkway moving at over 100MPH. Unit called ahead to Tarrytown and NYSP attempted to stop at the bridge. Pursuit continued along I-287 to the Saw Mill Parkway north, where at least one motorcycle went down on the ramp. One NYS Trooper was head-butted by a suspect wearing a helmet and injured. WCPD picked up pursuit on the Saw Mill Southbound and into Hastings and Yonkers. One suspect struck a YPD unit at Lake Ave and North Broaway and was DOA at scene. Group was part of the '300 Black' motorcycle gang out of Brooklyn.