Vintage FDNY Videos

B

Bigandy

I met Bob Galione in December 2008, he was off the job sitting at the table in Rescue 2. He was a really nice guy. "This should be fun." Rolling up to a 4 story fully-involved.  ;D

Nice job there Jamie "R1", and thanks for all the great videos you've provided us all with. I know I appreciate it.

Providence, R.I., another one of my favorites along with the FDNY. Busy City and alot of work. Sure had their share of War Years fires too.

nfd2004 said:
Providence, R.I., another one of my favorites along with the FDNY. Busy City and alot of work. Sure had their share of War Years fires too.

Heavy timber construction on very large old factory bldgs through out that area make for some spectacular fires. A lot of times the floors in these bldgs were soaked with combustible fluids over the years.

Love the soundtrack in the R.I one. Great find and thanks to all for these wonderful post. RD

rdm258 said:
Love the soundtrack in the R.I one. Great find and thanks to all for these wonderful post. RD

The Heat Is On - Glenn Frey
Tuff Enough - Fabulous Thunderbirds
I need a Hero - Bonnie Tyler
Under Pressure - David Bowie & Queen

A long time ago my wife brought a book entitled "The Firefighter's Cookbook by John Sineno from E58/L26. A lot of great recipes. Just a flashback from this video.

Amazing stuff R1!  Your collection of fire history is unreal, thank you so much for sharing it with all of us.

dillondotcom said:
Amazing stuff R1!  Your collection of fire history is unreal, thank you so much for sharing it with all of us.
Thanx !! More to follow when time permits.............. :)

Great footage of B-16 (BC-Visconti,retired DC) and Chief Fellini (retired) I'm not sure if he was DC or DAC at the time.

I think Fellini was a Deputy Chief in 5th Division at the time. Hard to tell, but last brother in the clip looked like Al Ronaldson R3 (RIP)