FDNY FIRE BOATS

I have a question how come they do not keep Marine 1, 6 and 9 in a covered station like they do in the following pictures? It would seem to make sense since NY weather in the winter. Some even have an Engine Company housed with them.

Attachments

• LAFDFireboat2.jpg
    LAFDFireboat2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 46
I have a question how come they do not keep Marine 1, 6 and 9 in a covered station like they do in the following pictures? It would seem to make sense since NY weather in the winter. Some even have an Engine Company housed with them.

Turning the question around . . .
Why is LAFD Fireboat 2 the only large fireboat in North America with a covered pier?
Why aren't the other LAFD fireboats also covered?
Why was LAFD Fireboat 2's previous house covered and then replaced with a new covered firehouse?
LA weather is nothing like NY winter weather.

Driving through Mystic, CT today, I saw a red and white fireboat at a berth at the Mystic Seaport. The original Fire Fighter has been at the Seaport for quite a while. This boat was much newer and appeared to be the former John McKean (Marine 1). There are no FDNY markings on the boat and all of the name plaques have been removed. The last I knew it was being converted to a restaurant on the Hudson River. Does anyone have more current information?

BCR

Driving through Mystic, CT today, I saw a red and white fireboat at a berth at the Mystic Seaport. The original Fire Fighter has been at the Seaport for quite a while. This boat was much newer and appeared to be the former John McKean (Marine 1). There are no FDNY markings on the boat and all of the name plaques have been removed. The last I knew it was being converted to a restaurant on the Hudson River. Does anyone have more current information?
I was there last week. Was wondering what boat it was myself. Looked to small to be the McKean. Might be the John J Harvey or Alfred Smith but I’m just guessing. The area it was in was not accessible but appeared to have fresh paint

I was there last week. Was wondering what boat it was myself. Looked to small to be the McKean. Might be the John J Harvey or Alfred Smith but I’m just guessing. The area it was in was not accessible but appeared to have fresh paint
You have a pass to be out that way?

Definitely not the Harvey. Possibly the Smith but I thought that was a reserve boat.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
The Smith was sold several years ago. The boat in Conn is the Firefighter. The McKean is on the Hudson Rv north of the Tappan Zee brdg on the NJ side. The Harvey was parked on the Hudson River in Manhattan. Now 343 is up in Conn near the Firefighter for annual inspection and repairs since the end of March. Marine 1 is using the Feehan. Marine 6 is running with the Bravest.

Why do they not keep FDNY Boats under cover like this due to the snow and ice?

BCR

The Smith was sold several years ago. The boat in Conn is the Firefighter. The McKean is on the Hudson Rv north of the Tappan Zee brdg on the NJ side. The Harvey was parked on the Hudson River in Manhattan. Now 343 is up in Conn near the Firefighter for annual inspection and repairs since the end of March. Marine 1 is using the Feehan. Marine 6 is running with the Bravest.
There’s 2 boats at the mystic seaport museum right now. fire Fighter is in the display area and open for tours. The second boat is a little smaller and at there maintenance dock with fresh paint and no markings