FDNY BOT Tips from Training & Safety #23-7 - Civil Unrest Considerations

I always thought they were public info?

Yes I've seen them hung up around houses around the boroughs

But have also seen them hung up around fire houses in my neck of the woods

Seen them shared By Chief Leeb & others on Twitter. That’s why I always thought it was public info 804B679E-83D3-4A10-8ECE-D9D6554D7DEA.jpegD6AC4AB4-4056-44F6-97DA-5DE0B8C3B7FA.jpeg

The FDNY Bureau of Training and the Bureau of Safety actively share these with firefighters and fire departments throughout the nation. God bless them for sharing and helping firefighters throughout the nation to be safer.

Even though a lot of these are very on-the-job specific lessons learned and tips for active firefighters. I, as a civilian, find some of these actually applicable to overall everyday awareness. For example, there was one of these in relations to spotting Human Trafficking. It was interesting in learning some of the main signs and how every day civilians can help spot the signs and contact law enforcements if suspicions exist.

The FDNY Bureau of Training and the Bureau of Safety actively share these with firefighters and fire departments throughout the nation. God bless them for sharing and helping firefighters throughout the nation to be safer.
thats great, but again this public forum.

Does the F.D.N.Y. still have an "All Units Circular" in effect on "Emergency Command Procedures" The original concept came from the L.A.F.D. for use in Civil Unrest/Riot situations. The only time I saw it used in my career was during the 1977 Great Black Out."
Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired